Friday, July 11, 2014

Earning My Stripes


You cant lose with solid colours, but sometimes its fun to go with patterns. I suppose you could argue that this is as much a metaphor for fashion as it is for life in general.


I have to say that since I joined Second Life back in 2012, my style has evolved, both in-world and in real life. I used to usually stick to solid colours in most of what I wore. I was super-conservative, and usually opted for the safer option in almost everything I did.

Since then, Ive evolved significantly. When it comes to clothes, and even underwear, I now opt for more vibrant colours. I love bright colours and patterns. I think they allow us to let our fun and playful sides shine through. Some might argue that they allow men to show off their feminine side. I have a fun-loving personality, and I like what I wear to reflect that.

My good friend Karissa Rumble, owner and chief designer at Rumble House, has an array of funky womens fashions available, including this super-cute and sexy mini-dress. Its very appropriately called Getting Wild, as the stripes evoke images of a striped wild animal, such as a tiger or zebra. I chose the blue variant, as blue is my favourite colour. It's available in other colours as well. I highly recommend visiting Rumble House, either in-world or on the Marketplace. Karissas always coming out with exciting new designs, and even offers discounts and free monthly items if you join her group.

Given my love for matching colours, Ive paired the dress with these super-cute panties from Ducknipple. I love cute underwear as a rule, but they never seem to stay in place, LOL. Oh well. They come with a HUD that provides numerous colour and pattern options.

That about does it for this post. Have a great weekend, and may all your colours be vibrant :).

Love,
-Nadie ♥.


--

What Im wearing

Clothing
Dress: Getting Wild in Blue, by Rumble House
Panties: Action Knickers, by Ducknipple
Shoes: Dory Bow Heels, by *LP* Clothing

Accessories
Glasses: Simple Black Eyeglasses, by DHARMAYA
Earrings: Star of David Earrings, by {Hatpins}

Body
Hair: Yara V1 Roots/Pumpkin, by ^;^CaTwA^;^
Shape: Brisa, by Zyra
Skin: Brow 1 Freckles Pride, by Eloh Eliot

Photo taken on location at The Joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment