Friday, July 18, 2014

True Colours


When you have underwear that's this awesome, you just have to show it off. And the freedom of Second Life allows you to do so whenever you please.
If youre a follower of this blog and with over 1,800 views as of this posting, someone must be reading these posts youll recall that Ive spent a lot of time documenting my evolution on Second Life. When it all began, I was super-conservative, and unwilling to try new things. But since then, Ive become way more open-minded about everything.

And that sort of sums up the reason for my lack of clothing in this post. Im often in my underwear in-world, which, to my surprise, doesnt bother anyone. I just feel better that way sometimes. With so many cute and sexy styles to choose from, sometimes you feel like you just have to show it off. I live alone in real life, so when I dont have to go anywhere, I wear similar attire around the house. Its sexy, comfortable, liberating, and it just feels right. Plus, it’s a major confidence booster.

I maintain a fun-loving, free-spirited attitude in-world, and Im the same in real life. You wont see me dressed like this in public in RL, but in SL, almost anything goes. Thats the beauty of our online universe. In SL, we can do things or wear clothing that might be considered as taboo in the real world. It makes for an interesting discussion or debate.

When we go out in the real world, were often dressed appropriately for the occasion. But underneath, its a different story. Its been said that underwear can say a lot about someone's personality. I used to stick to basics colours for mine, but that got boring after a while. So I decided to let loose and get some crazy colours and patterns. Several of the major brands must have realized that people were getting tired of drab, boring colours, so they upped the ante by expanding their respective colour palettes. Its not uncommon to see neon colours or wild prints on the shelves of your favourite stores these days.

Sometimes, out outerwear makes us look super uptight. Thats especially evident in industries where suits are the norm for both genders. Examples include the legal and financial services industries. Dont get me wrong; Im a big suit fan, but when you get onto a crowded subway train in downtown Toronto, and all of Bay Streets* finest get on, you can't help but feel that they're ultra-conservative.

Thats why I love fun underwear. Sure, you might be the only one who gets to see it unless youre in a committed relationship but even so, you can smile to yourself when you wear it. I did that a lot when I worked in the corporate world. Underneath the conservative blouse and dress pants was a laid-back, happy young woman who was and still is always looking for new ways to have fun and enjoy life. The striped blouse and navy blue dress pants indicated that I was ready for work, but the purple bra and neon orange mens briefs - yes, I really do wear them - underneath indicated that when work was done, I was rwady to have fun.

When its time to be serious, you should definitely do that. But after that, let yourself go and enjoy life. Wear funky underwear. Show your true colours. Take a page from the book of Katy Perry and be a firework.

For your viewing pleasure, here are some more photos of yours truly rocking some of my most colourful underwear. Enjoy :).








Love,
-Nadie ♥.


--

What I’m wearing

Clothing
Bra: Embroidered Cotton Bra, by Etiquette Lingerie (Available as separates or in a fatpack)
Briefs: Solid Briefs, by :happyface: (Available as separates or in a fatpack)
Socks: White Socks, by Unknown Designer

Accessories
Glasses: Simple Black Eyeglasses, by DHARMAYA
Earrings: Star of David Earrings, by {Hatpins}

Body
Hair: Yara V1 Roots/Pumpkin, by ^;^CaTwA^;^
Shape: Brisa, by Zyra
Skin: Brow 1 Freckles Pride, by Eloh Eliot

Photo taken on location at [IREN].

*Bay Street is the heart of Torontos financial district. As a result, there are a lot of people wearing suits there.

No comments:

Post a Comment