Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Perils of Paleness


Time to break out the SPF 1,000 sunblock, because Im heading over to the beach.

Its always great fun to visit the beach, but pale folks like me always have to be careful, hence the SPF 1,000 reference. Just like my avatar, Im pale and covered in freckles in real life. Ive tried in vain to tan on various occasions, but each attempt resulted in one of the following three scenarios:

1.) Nothing.
2.) Adding to my freckle collection.
3.) Getting super burned.

At one point I thought, Hey, maybe I should get a spray-on tan or try out a tanning bed. But when I saw how awful people like George Hamilton and Snooki looked post-fake tan, I realized that it was in my best interest not to do so. And so, I learned to embrace my paleness.

Truth be told, Ive not actually been to a beach in about a year, and we have some good ones where I live. Additionally, my SL home is located near a beach, so I can visit one in the virtual world whenever I want :). The last time I did go, I never went in the water or attempted to tan. As a result, todays outfit reflects what I mightve worn to the beach, had I actually decided to engage in beach activities.

My beach attire takes full advantage of the mix-and-match concept that's popular with swimwear today. However, only half of it is actually swimwear. I got this aqua-coloured bikini in a newbie package shortly after joining Second Life. I liked the way the top looked, but the bottom was too skimpy. Thus, I replaced it with my new favourite briefs from :happyface:. To me, theyre more than just underwear. I use them as sleepwear, loungewear, and even dancewear. I wear something similar in RL constantly, and they're nothing short of amazing. Nothing looks better on my ass, LOL ;).

Heres hoping that Ill actually get to hit the beach in RL at some point this summer. And when I do, you can be certain that Ill have taken a bath in my SPF 1,000 first ;). 

Until next time, have a great summer, and try not to get burned :).


Love,
-Nadie ♥.

--

What I’m wearing

Clothing
Bikini Top: Aqua Bikini Top, by Unknown Designer
Briefs: Solid Briefs in Red, by :happyface:

Accessories
Glasses: Simple Black Eyeglasses, by DHARMAYA
Earrings: Star of David Earrings, by {Hatpins}

Body
Hair: Yara V1 Roots/Pumpkin, by ^;^CaTwA^;^
Shape: Brisa, by Zyra
Skin: Brow 1 Freckles Pride, by Eloh Eliot

Photo taken on location at Tylar Bay II, Blissful Estates.

No comments:

Post a Comment