Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Lip Service


When I was in elementary school, my dad gave me an old book called Words are Important. Designed to help students with spelling, grammar and proper sentence structure, the title later took on an entirely different meaning for me.


If you think about it, words truly are important. Not only do they help us form sentences or write blog posts, they also define us and our surroundings.

As a journalist by trade, I'm always using words to describe or report on things. The articles I write are generally well-received, but I'm always careful with them.

Most of the interviews I do are with executives of prominent companies that are arranged through PR firms. These folks are usually very easy to work with, and the executives are passionate and inspiring, which makes for lively, interesting discussions.

That being said, ever since my journalism school days, I've always been careful with my writing. If even one thing is out of place or someone is not properly quoted, it can cause a litany of problems. Thankfully, that hasn't really happened to me because of the approach I use. Some might argue that I'm cautious to a fault, but it's worked to my advantage throughout my career.

But just like in the journalistic world, we need to be careful with what we say to others. Something that you might think is a playful joke might be highly offensive to others. This is especially evident in the virtual world, where we all play as avatars. But behind each avatar is a real person with real feelings. We've discussed this at length within my SL family, and I feel that we've all benefited from it.

Words are important no matter where we are, or who we're dealing with. We all want to be perceived as upright citizens who don't offend others. Thus, I think we should all pay more attention to what we say. Respect is a two-way street; you have to give it in order to receive it.

Today's outfit ties into what I mentioned above. It's cute, but it's also a reminder that we have to exercise caution with the words that emerge from our lips.

I had a lot of fun putting this outfit together. The sweater comes from Pixzels, which sells relatively inexpensive women's fashions. Who says you have to shell out the big Lindens to look good ;)? When I got it, I realized that I could pair it with these lip-patterned briefs from [aberrant]. They're part of a fatpack that features some cool prints and patterns.

The denim miniskirt come from [NV], and has become one of my favourite things to wear in-world. It sits well below your hips, so if you like too show off your taste in cute underwear - Lord knows I do ;) - it's definitely worth it for you :).



I'm also including a rear view of this outfit because I absolutely love the texture of my flexi hair, plus the super-cute print on the underwear ;). Catwa went all out with their Yara series, and I must admit, it's quite accurate. Redheads are known to have hair that is very thick and wavy (or curly), and this hairstyle perfectly reflects that. My hair in RL is quite thick and wavy as well, so it only made sense that my avatar's hair would be the same.

Well, that about does it for this post. Thanks for reading, and I'll be back soon with more.

Love,
-Nadie ♥.

--

What I'm wearing

Clothing
Sweater: Fitted Mesh Blah Blah Sweater, by Pixzels
Underwear: Boy Briefs in Lip Service print, by [aberrant]*
Miniskirt: 512 Jean Skirt, by [NV]
Socks: White Socks, by Unknown Designer
Shoes: Swift Women's Sneakers, Flower Edition, by *LP* Clothing

Accessories 
Glasses: Simple Black Eyeglasses, by DHARMAYA
Earrings: Star of David Earrings, by {Hatpins} 

Body
Hair: Yara V1 Roots/Pumpkin, by ^;^CaTwA^;^
Shape: Linda, by KBC
Skin: Brow 1 Freckles Pride, by Eloh Eliot

*Note: According to a message in their SL Marketplace store, [aberrant] will be archiving these briefs in 2015, so get them while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment