Sunday, December 1, 2013

Child of the 80s

Do you remember the 80s? It was a time of great music and eclectic fashion. Today's outfit reflects that a bit.

At the risk of sounding a bit old, I am a child of the 80s. I was born in 1986, and although I did not directly witness the fashion or music of that era, I later learned about it through TV, movies, books, the Internet and friends. Neon colours were all the rage, and Madonna was just starting to become popular.

When I put this outfit together, I didn't realize how '80s it looked until I was finished. The cute pink off-the-shoulder sweater from [AEZZO] and black skirt from SLC scream 80s, and I suppose the PROZAK boots might as well. All that's missing are a pair of leg warmers and a side ponytail ;).

One of the best things about fashion in SL is that is can be mixed and matched in any way to create period looks like this one. For example, I have an outfit with baggy pants and a polo shirt that could be considered a '90s outfit. Perhaps you've created some outfits that reflect certain time periods. With so much to choose from, the possibilities are literally endless.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back soon with another post :).

Love,
-Nadie ♥.

--

What I'm wearing

Clothing
Sweater: Female Sweater in Baby Pink, by [AEZZO]
Bra: Spring Bra in Charcoal Black, by Etiquette Lingerie (formerly Lingerie by Hollee)
Skirt: Joanna Pleated Skirt in Black, by SLC
Panties: Naughty Pantie in Bubble Gum, by Luck Inc.
Boots: Leather Kicks, by PROZAK

Accessories
Glasses: Simple Black Eyeglasses, by DHARMAYA
Earrings: Star of David Earrings, by {Hatpins} (Shop has since closed)

Body
Hair: Yara V1 Roots/Pumpkin, by ^;^CaTwA^;^
Shape: Brisa, by Zyra
Skin:  Brow 1 Freckles Pride, by Eloh Eliot

Photo taken on location at Blissful Estates.

No comments:

Post a Comment